It has been over 2 days since the surgery. The first night (Friday Night/Saturday Morning), was really bad. The pain would not go away, no matter how many pain pills I took. The more I took, the more nausea I had. I slept about 1-2 hours that night, and the pain was probably a 8 on a 1-10 scale. It was very uncomfortable.

I spent most of Saturday sitting in the recliner with my leg propped up. I took it really easy, and kept ice on it all day. The Polar Care Cub is an unbelievable device - it keeps your leg iced all day long.

Saturday Night (Sunday Morning), I slept really good. The pain has begun to decrease. It is probably a 6 on a 1-10 scale. I was able to take the brace and wraps off and take a shower. It was a pretty difficult ordeal. You don't realize how lucky we are to have full use of all of our limbs, until you have a situation like this where you lose one for a short period of time.

I plan on going into the office Monday, so we will see how Monday feels. I'm scheduled for Physical Therapy on Tuesday - which should be very interesting, since I personally feel that my leg will not bend....we'll see.

0 comments: